How To Unlock An Authentic One Of A Kind Food Pairing
Can anyone think of a better food pairing than chocolate and peanut butter? How about matching the former with beef? According to a new methodology of experimentation there is a whole world’s worth of unscratched taste buds. Honestly, some of the suggestions may seem a little strange at first. Guess you’ll just have to dig in and give them a try it you’ll like it approach. To make that journey a little more savory download Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for a slew of interesting recipe ideas.
Sprinkle In A Little of This and A Little of That
How do you usually decide what foods to pair together? Is it a ‘gut feeling’, or maybe a well received previous experience? Are you willing to blindly follow a recipe? The new method takes similar key compounds and chemicals that foods share and then pairs them based on those similarities. The bigger computational gastronomic question looms though. If your food is chemically compatible does that necessarily make it more desirable? The findings sure do offer interesting food for your palate’s thought.
Unexplained cravings aside, would you ever consider a food pairing of say, coffee and potatoes or maybe strawberries with mussels? Yes, those are just two of the more unlikely examples cited in this unique research. Is there any style of preparation that google offers that would drive you to serve either of those for dinner tonight? Maybe you’ll be delightfully surprised. After all, if you add at least 6 different peppers and 30 plus ingredients, 500 year old Mole Poblano pairing chicken and chocolate becomes the unicorn frap of the jet set. Could beef and chocolate or pork and vanilla be far behind?
We could go on with the over 56,000 online recipes that Cambridge scientists are examining to come up with these culinary pairings but suffice it to say there will probably be a fair amount of cooking trial and error before caviar and white chocolate becomes a staple in more than a few homes. Remember, we have quite a few options. We can continue to just trust the directions on the back of the box or we can go hog wild and just go with it…
Stay with us…What can you imagine as a quantifiable #food pairing of the future? Share your ideas with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- Is Special Tested Personalized Food Technology The Best? - June 23, 2017
- How To Celebrate Food Technology Worth Its Salt - June 14, 2017
- Can Expert Food Technology Better Weigh Sweet Success? - June 8, 2017
- How To Live In A Waste Free Food Technology Future - May 28, 2017
- Should We Value Food Technology Safety More? - May 20, 2017
- What Is The Best Daring Unusual Food Pairing? - May 11, 2017
- How Will Big Wonderful Food Technology Trim Your Bottom Line? - May 6, 2017
- Can Timely Food Technology Warm Up With Cold Rewards? - May 2, 2017
- It Is Time For An Excellent Food Technology Adventure! - April 22, 2017
- What Will A Scary Look Do For Phosphate Additives? - April 19, 2017