Kitchology enjoyed a spectacular fundraising evening with E•A•T (End Allergies Together) last night.
E•A•T is committed to finding a cure for food allergies by directly funding the researchers who strive to find solutions for this growing epidemic. E•A•T is the only independent organization solely focused on raising money for a cure. E•A•T focus is to relentlessly raise money for food allergy research. At E•A•T they underwrite administrative costs so that 100% of net proceeds goes straight to the scientists working to find a cure. Researchers need money to accelerate the pace of clinical trials.
The E•A•T event was a live open & honest conversation with three of the country’s leading scientists in the movement to cure food allergies. The Master of Ceremonies featured, News Anchor, NBC News “Weekend TODAY” Sheinelle Jones. The leading specialist included…
Sharon Chinthrajah, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Co-Director of Fare Clinical Network Site, Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research
Duane Wesemann, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School Associate Physician, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Xiu-Min Li, MD, MS
Professor of Pediatrics, Director of Center for Integrative Medicine for Allergies and Wellness, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
E•A•T was founded on the premise that everyone’s contribution, big or small, is crucial.
If each of us – 17 million or so Americans touched by food allergies – would donate just $10 each this year, we would go a long way toward filling the funding gap. Reaching out to family and friends and asking them to donate might close the gap entirely.
To find out more about EAT and do your part toward funding a cure, click here.
E•A•T is building a medical advisory team comprised of highly knowledgeable scientists and physicians who are leaders in the field but not conducting their own studies. This ensures an objective funding allocation process. Research will be selected though an annual grant review process.
We need your help! Spread the word, join E•A•T efforts, and/or take a minute (literally!) to donate. We will keep you informed of the studies we support and the outcomes they generate.
E•A•T’s Food Allergy Research Areas
- Food Desensitization
e.g., oral immunotherapy, sublingual immunotherapy, transdermal patch therapy
- Medication Treatments
e.g., XOLAIR (Omalizumab), herbal formulas
- Basic Science (root cause)
e.g., genetics, T-cell immune response, gut bacteria
End Allergies Together
P.O. Box 786
Fairfield, CT 06824
- Food You Need to Eat for a Fantastic Sleeping Experience - January 5, 2017
- What States Lust More Vegetables Will Amaze You - December 29, 2016
- Innovate and Celebrate with Kitchology as a top 50 Startup of the Year - September 16, 2016
- Kitchology is Proud to be Winner of Big Award - June 22, 2016
- Food Technology Targeted to Spice Up Nutritional Value - April 30, 2016
- 6 Ways Machine Learning Will Change your Food Experience - February 4, 2016
- Celebrate This Serbian Treasured Dish Forever After the Holidays - January 7, 2016
- The Unparalleled Challenge is to End Allergies Together - November 8, 2015
- Back to the Future is Epic Goodness with Kitchology - October 21, 2015
- Thriving with GERD (An Interview with Renee) - August 5, 2015