Reducing unhealthy snacks this season doesn’t have to reduce your holiday fun! I’ve put together a list of my favorite allergen-friendly snacks that will look beautiful in any holiday spread and kickstart your New Year’s resolution for a healthier lifestyle!
Fruit Snacks by Desserts with Benefits
These fruit snacks are absolutely adorable and sugar-free. Have fun with different holiday shaped silicone molds like these!
Grinch-Themed Fruit Skewers by Clean and Scentscible
Even the least culinary-inclined host can impress with these clever fruit skewers!
4 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Ice Cream by Skinny Mom
What I love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make and you can have a luxurious dessert without harmful additives. The recipe calls for whipping cream but it would work fine with almond milk or coconut milk. The bananas will give it the nice creamy texture you’re looking for without dairy.
Beet Chips by A Cozy Kitchen
Beets are high in many vitamins such as potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid. On top of that, the contrast between the rich ruby color of the beets against the golden beets will create a bold statement in your holiday spread.
Spinach Tortilla Chips by Zakka Life
Although this recipe was originally for St. Patrick’s day you can easily adjust it for this holiday season with Christmas tree cookie cutters.
Zucchini Hummus Paleo Recipe by Skinny Ms.
With all these homemade chips you’ll need some dip!
Sweet Potato Hummus by Skinny Ms.
I think this recipe is a great way to make a popular dip more seasonal.
Buttermints by Empowered Sustenance
During the holiday season it can be very difficult to stick to your low-sugar diet while surrounded by cakes and cookies. This miraculous little treat can help satiate your sugar cravings and keep you on track!
Cucumber Bites by eRecipe Cards
This classic combination is also the perfect color palette for the holidays. For our dairy-free readers, I would recommend a tofu-based cream cheese alternative.
Check out my previous recipe for homemade energy bites for a nutritious snack that you can enjoy year round!
- Matcha Will Make You Fall in Love With Your Food! - January 29, 2016
- Enjoy This Rich Creamy Yogurt Ingredient Guilt Free! - January 14, 2016
- How to Get More Out of your Morning — Super Cereal Vigilant Eats - September 15, 2015
- The Cooking Verdict is Out– 5 Best Toasts are In! - August 28, 2015
- Enjoy One of America’s Favorite Foods Without the Guilt! - August 25, 2015
- How to Make a Vegan Meal with Cuban Flavor - August 18, 2015
- How to Stop Your Dairy Affair –Go Veggie! - August 13, 2015
- Taste Test Tuesday: Go Raw® Spirulina Energy Bar - June 16, 2015
- The Ultimate Vegan Sandwich for Summer! - June 9, 2015
- Taste Test Tuesday: Napa Cabbage - June 2, 2015