How To Enjoy Easily Free Special Coconut Flour Rolls
We haven’t forgotten about our series on coconut flour. Today, we’re bringing you coconut lemon rolls for breakfast. The dough is made with coconut and tapioca flour. The rolls are filled with flaky coconut and sticky lemon filling. They’re topped with a lemon cream cheese glaze. You’ll look forward to this sweet, slightly tart morning treat. Download Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for more ideas.
Taste the coconut in the coconut flour and the coconut flakes filling. The sourness of the lemon balances the sweetness. The filling’s stickiness reminds me of old fashioned sticky buns, but with a fresh spring time twist.Save time by making them up the night before. Then bake and serve them for breakfast. What a convenient way to surprise your brunch guests!
Do remember, baking with coconut flour turns out a dryer dough than a regular flour based one. Should that occur add a little extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the right dough consistency is formed.
Coconut Lemon Rolls
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Lemon cream cheese glaze:
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place the coconut oil, water and sea salt, honey in a small pan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the stove and add the tapioca flour in to the pan and mix with a spoon until you have a sticky dough.
- Let this cool for 3- 4 minutes and then add in the coconut flour and egg.
- Mix with a spoon until you have a soft dough and then remove from the pan and place on a piece of parchment paper. Knead for 1 minute.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper over the top and then roll the dough into roughly a 7″ x 11″ rectangle that is 1/4 thick.
- Filling: Mix the lemon zest into the sugar until well combined.
- Add the butter and beat together until it is creamy. Add the ginger and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the lemon juice while mixing. It will be a thin creamy mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Spoon this mixture evenly over the dough leaving a 1/2″ board from the sides. Sprinkle coconut flakes evenly over mixture.
- Now roll the dough into log and lightly press to pinch the seam.
- Cut 1/4″ off the ends of and then slice into 1″ pieces.
- Place the slices and ends flat side down on to a piece of parchment paper and bake at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes.
- For the glaze mix the lemon zest, cream cheese and powdered sugar then slowly add the lemon juice until smooth and on the thin side.
- When the rolls are done remove them and let them cool for 10 minutes before adding the glaze.
Share your #coconutlemonrolls with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- How To Globally Unlock An Allergy Friendly Sweet Tooth - March 28, 2017
- More Useful Terrific Around The World With Allergy Friendly - March 21, 2017
- The Best Sweet Yummy Coconut Flour Satisfaction Revisited - March 16, 2017
- How To Deliver Allergy Friendly Secrets To Russia With Love - March 14, 2017
- How To Love More Of The Allergy Friendly World - March 7, 2017
- Can Genuine Grapefruit Bread Deliver Its Best Secrets? - February 28, 2017
- How To Best Overcome Your Vegan Crepes Challenge - February 22, 2017
- Harness Better Energy With Healthy Free Buckwheat - February 20, 2017
- 5 Cool Ways To Sizable Big Outstanding Hemp Protein - February 17, 2017
- Filling Up A Beautiful Sweet Gluten Free Love Tank - February 10, 2017