Can Gigantic Daring Food Technology Morph Into The Mainstream?
The world of food technology is constantly morphing into something new. Specifically, today we’re talking about advances in pasta shaping devices and changes in 3D printing. It really takes us to the edge of outside the box thinking, or maybe a combination of the two. Thanks to all this creativity we’re now transforming shape shifting pasta and grape based objects into something real and tangible. If you don’t believe me, see for yourself. While you are at it, check out Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for meal ideas and more.
Pasta Today, Other Foods Tomorrow
Oh! Those crazy beavers are at it again gnawing at some new versatile food invention. This time around ingenious MIT scientists have created a unique way to package pasta. The lynch pin of their discovery hinges on an ingredient that when submerged in water changes its shape. Imagine how much wasted space in the average box or package they can save with this process! Look out for the 1401st version of pasta to spring from paper to product with the help of some other willing enterprising souls.
Everything From Cups To Buildings
Sometimes, innovative food technology rises up from the cinders, or, in this case, skins. Behold, grape skins a revolutionary printable material upcycled to work in 3D printers. Unlike recycling which breaks materials down into smaller pieces, this process takes waste and gives it a brand new purpose. Apparently, all that’s needed is some knowhow and the right device that can print liquid onto a dry powder and there’s no limit in sight. Forget wine glasses and cups; the inventor Andrew Kudless and his partnering engineering firm, the aptly named, Emerging Objects are looking to create actual houses with these renewable goods and perhaps some concrete.
Are we floored yet by what is possible when food technology experts dream the seemingly unimaginable? Can you imagine yourself living in a pasta based home or eating shape changing grapes? Share your thoughts on shifting #food technology here with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- Is Special Tested Personalized Food Technology The Best? - June 23, 2017
- How To Celebrate Food Technology Worth Its Salt - June 14, 2017
- Can Expert Food Technology Better Weigh Sweet Success? - June 8, 2017
- How To Live In A Waste Free Food Technology Future - May 28, 2017
- Should We Value Food Technology Safety More? - May 20, 2017
- What Is The Best Daring Unusual Food Pairing? - May 11, 2017
- How Will Big Wonderful Food Technology Trim Your Bottom Line? - May 6, 2017
- Can Timely Food Technology Warm Up With Cold Rewards? - May 2, 2017
- It Is Time For An Excellent Food Technology Adventure! - April 22, 2017
- What Will A Scary Look Do For Phosphate Additives? - April 19, 2017