Soar Higher With Helpful Improved Healthy Muffins
Ready for some wonderfully delicious buckwheat apple muffins?
Baking with buckwheat is a super healthy way to start your morning. Remember our soft homebaked buckwheat bread? Since it has a low glycemic index your body takes longer to digest it. These yummy morning muffins will fuel your body all morning long. By slowly releasing glucose into the blood stream you won’t have a morning crash leaving you drowsy at that 10am meeting. Plus, you’ll be less apt to grab a mid morning donut in the lunch room.
Do note, buckwheat carries an earthy flavor. Adding applesause and shredded apples to these muffins help tone that down. We have swapped out the white sugar for brown giving these muffins a sweetened moist texture. Using VeganEgg in place of regular eggs is the perfect exchange. Notice the amazing oats and cinnamon aroma. Next time, I may add chopped nuts or another dried fruit to change things up. For other amazing buckwheat recipes download Kitchology’s Eat.Better app.
Buckwheat Apple Muffins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 VeganEgg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the oats and milk in a medium bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a muffin tin with 12 cups, and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Grate the apple and squeeze out all the juice.
- Add the grated apple, applesauce and VeganEgg to the oatmeal mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 12 baking cups.
- Combine the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool
Have you tried these buckwheat apple #muffins? Did you toss in some dried cranberries or apricots? Please share your ideas with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- How To Free Your Energy With High Power Muffins - April 20, 2017
- Revisiting The Best Simple Sizable Benefits Of Pickled Food - April 13, 2017
- Enjoy Rich Big Flavor Of Allergy Friendly World Luxury - April 7, 2017
- A Huge Gift Of The Best Free Coconut Flour Muffins - April 3, 2017
- How To Globally Unlock An Allergy Friendly Sweet Tooth - March 28, 2017
- More Useful Terrific Around The World With Allergy Friendly - March 21, 2017
- The Best Sweet Yummy Coconut Flour Satisfaction Revisited - March 16, 2017
- How To Deliver Allergy Friendly Secrets To Russia With Love - March 14, 2017
- How To Love More Of The Allergy Friendly World - March 7, 2017
- Can Genuine Grapefruit Bread Deliver Its Best Secrets? - February 28, 2017