What the heck is fermented cheese?
Fermented cheese is a great substitute for dairy cheeses but it also contains probiotics, which are essential for our gut health and well being. I learned about this several weeks ago, when I went to a super interesting workshop, led by Cheryl Paswater, a Certified Fermentationist and Health Coach based in Brooklyn, NY. In case you are wondering, the former refers to an occupation of healing through food science. Fermenting refers to the chemical reaction that foods undergo when placed in particular conditions.
Cheryl’s knowledge base and passion for helping families with Autistic children through cooking is impressive. I enjoyed listening to the interesting stories from her health journey. Originally trained as an artist, I was also struck by the originality she applies in producing gut friendly products and recipes.
Although not suitable for those with nut allergies, this recipe will definitely make dairy free eating folks super happy. Not only is fermented cheese a great substitute for dairy cheese but also it contains probiotics, which are essential intestinal microorganisms wildly believed to improve our gut health.
- Enjoy A Simplistic Easily Affordable Healthy Salad - March 27, 2017
- 6 Easy Practical Tips To Enjoy More Special Desserts - March 20, 2017
- The 7 Best Fundamentals To Enjoy Successful Lean Eating - March 13, 2017
- Enjoy This Guaranteed Bargain Healthy Burger - March 10, 2017
- Enjoy This Easy Simple Sweet Potato Fries Surprise - March 6, 2017
- How Huge Is Unsurpassed Obsession With Rich Icelandic Yogurt? - February 24, 2017
- How To Cool Off Best With Hot Rewarding Beef Stew - August 29, 2016
- How Simple Coleslaw Makes It Better - August 9, 2016
- How To Uncommonly Get Healthy Allergy Free Zucchini Noodles - July 18, 2016
- Enjoy this Surprising Uplifting Guilt Free Paleo Dessert - July 15, 2016