What Makes Less Food Technology Worth More?
Sure, food technology has advanced forward; it still has a long ways to go though. That certainly doesn’t mean we shouldn’t acknowledge its progress. Maybe, if we examine these accomplishments close enough we’ll find a key to predict one of the next big breakthroughs. In the meantime, check out Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for all your dietary needs. You may just find a new way to celebrate an old dish.
Changing Production Practices
Meanwhile, here’s some good news for our plates– our sodium intake went down 12%, particularly after 2005. That said, the CDC reports processed foods account for over 75% of sodium consumption. Seeing as we live in this on- the- constant- go- world it doesn’t look like we’re going to give up our convenience items anytime soon. Maybe, the solution lies in reducing the amount of sodium present in the these products. Who knows? By instituting government regulations and encouraging companies to substitute wholesome ingredients, we might not only help ourselves, but also future generations too.
There’s Still Time
Speaking of which, it seems like the burden of creating useful forms of GMO labeling made possible through food technology will fall upon those who will follow us. Frankly, the new bill has left a number of people discouraged. While there’s a clamor for better labeling practices, all the loopholes, exclusions, and exceptions are causing some confusion. Assuredly, recent legislation represents a step in the right direction. Still, the July 2018 requirement for standardized practices wasn’t able to fix everything. Perhaps the next piece of legislation that gets passed will do a better job of appeasing the public’s concerns.
Just like anything new or different that’s introduced food technology is experiencing growing pains. Healthier ingredient substitutions and better more explicit labeling of genetically modified foods both seem headed in a more consumer friendly direction. Considering its overall continual effectiveness at solving problems in the world it may just be time before food technology answers all our needs. If only the solutions to GMO labeling and sodium intake were as easy to solve as world peace or global warming…
Share your thoughts on this week’s #food technology here @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- How To Strengthen Our Food Technology Snack Obsession - August 23, 2017
- How Will Amazing Food Technology Wow Shoppers? - August 4, 2017
- Which Powerful Food Technology Victory Makes The Most Sense? - July 6, 2017
- Is Special Tested Personalized Food Technology The Best? - June 23, 2017
- How To Celebrate Food Technology Worth Its Salt - June 14, 2017
- Can Expert Food Technology Better Weigh Sweet Success? - June 8, 2017
- How To Live In A Waste Free Food Technology Future - May 28, 2017
- Should We Value Food Technology Safety More? - May 20, 2017
- What Is The Best Daring Unusual Food Pairing? - May 11, 2017
- How Will Big Wonderful Food Technology Trim Your Bottom Line? - May 6, 2017