How To Flour Up Helpful Gluten Friendly Buckwheat
The name buckwheat is misleading. First, it’s not a grain and it’s not related to wheat. However, it is a healthy, low glycemic way to feel full and satisfied.
Along with other low glycemic foods such as fruits, vegetables and legumes, buckwheat is gentler on the body. The slow rise in blood sugar helps sustain our energy level better over time which helps us feel fuller longer. For more info and recipe ideas download the Kitchology App Eat.Better.
Crash Free Flour
Craving pancakes, muffins or even pasta will send you crashing within an hour or two. Cooking with buckwheat flour is different. This non grass is actually a fruit seed related to rhubarb. It’s naturally gluten free too. It’s a two for one deal, low glycemic and gluten free.
Buckwheat flour works great in baking and in noodle form too. If you’re looking for something quick in the morning, cream of buckwheat and buckwheat flakes will both fill you up and keep you going.
- 1-1/4 cup + 2 TBSP buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups oil
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 17-1/2 ounces buckwheat flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- Using an electric mixer mix the ingredients in this order : eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast. Mix for approximately 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky. Place the dough in a mixing bowl, cover with plastic and let rise for 2 hours.
- Flour a surface and knead dough lightly to release air. If the dough sticks to your hands, add a little more flour, but not too much or the bread will be tough.
- Shape the bread loaf or mini loaves, and place on a large, greased baking tray. On the top make a few diagonal lives using a sharp knife. Let dough rise for 40 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 355 Fahrenheit.
- Bake the bread for about 1 hour, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack, and store in an airtight container
What are you doing to fill up on #buckwheat? Share your favorite ways with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123. Sign up to get the latest food news from the Kitchology Blog.
- How To Free Your Energy With High Power Muffins - April 20, 2017
- Revisiting The Best Simple Sizable Benefits Of Pickled Food - April 13, 2017
- Enjoy Rich Big Flavor Of Allergy Friendly World Luxury - April 7, 2017
- A Huge Gift Of The Best Free Coconut Flour Muffins - April 3, 2017
- How To Globally Unlock An Allergy Friendly Sweet Tooth - March 28, 2017
- More Useful Terrific Around The World With Allergy Friendly - March 21, 2017
- The Best Sweet Yummy Coconut Flour Satisfaction Revisited - March 16, 2017
- How To Deliver Allergy Friendly Secrets To Russia With Love - March 14, 2017
- How To Love More Of The Allergy Friendly World - March 7, 2017
- Can Genuine Grapefruit Bread Deliver Its Best Secrets? - February 28, 2017