What Is The Best Way To Kick Up Your Oatmeal?
Want to add a kick to your morning oatmeal? If you’re like me, then all you want for breakfast is something that will stick with you for awhile. I’m rarely hungry when I wake up, so I don’t need a lot and I don’t need it to be gourmet either. What I do want is protein since I know it will keep me fuller longer. I also want something nutritionally dense to fuel my body with energy and will help avoid that later energy zap in a few hours. For all your meals and snacks check out Kitchology’s Eat.Better app.
How will I achieve these two goals? There are a few different breakfasts I switch between throughout the week. Here is one of the easiest and quickest recipes. It’s Oatmeal with a kick, or should I say, with an added dose of protein.
1/2 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (I like Harvest Gluten Free Oats)
1 1/2 cups Water
1/2 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
Handful of Organic Blueberries, Strawberries or any kind of Berry
1 tea spoon Chia Seeds
1 scoop Protein Powder
1/2 teaspoon Organic Honey
Few Walnuts or Almonds (any nuts of choice)
*Protein Powder Options, here are some of my recommendations on clean and favorite brands:
- Naked Whey: pure protein powder from grass-fed cows, unflavored
- SFH Pure: another great hight quality protein with a wonderful vanilla flavor
- Vega: great protein substitute for vegans or if you do not want to have whey
- In a bowl, add oats and water. Cook over high heat, until the water boils. Lower heat to Medium-Low. Continuously mix the oats until the water has almost evaporated and the oats thicken. This will take about 5min.
- Add the scoop of protein powder and stir with the oats.
- Add the Coconut or Almond Milk of your choice; mix with oats for 1-2min.
- Pour oats in a bowl (the consistency should be mushy, in between soft and thick).
- Add toppings like berries, nuts, chia seeds and honey (mix, if you like, with the rest of the oats).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Start the day feeling fresh and vibrant!
How do you kick up your #oatmeal? Share with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- How To Get The Greatest Oatmeal Health Benefits - April 19, 2017
- Enjoy A Simplistic Easily Affordable Healthy Salad - March 27, 2017
- 6 Easy Practical Tips To Enjoy More Special Desserts - March 20, 2017
- The 7 Best Fundamentals To Enjoy Successful Lean Eating - March 13, 2017
- Enjoy This Guaranteed Bargain Healthy Burger - March 10, 2017
- Enjoy This Easy Simple Sweet Potato Fries Surprise - March 6, 2017
- How Huge Is Unsurpassed Obsession With Rich Icelandic Yogurt? - February 24, 2017
- How To Cool Off Best With Hot Rewarding Beef Stew - August 29, 2016
- How Simple Coleslaw Makes It Better - August 9, 2016
- How To Uncommonly Get Healthy Allergy Free Zucchini Noodles - July 18, 2016