Celebrate White Chocolate Day with all its Indulgence!
What do White Chocolate and the White House have in common? Well they are both the same color, of course! It’s time again to enjoy White Chocolate Day, a celebrated national food holiday.
Chocolate Chocolate, the highly popular chocolate shop in the nation’s capital, has been putting out versions of D.C. landmarks like the Washington Monument, the Capitol and the White House for around two decades now. According to the highly venerated chocolatier, since it’s an election year, their white chocolate “White Houses” are quite the commodity.
Why are we celebrating?
Why celebrate this particular day? Well, for starters, this type of guilty pleasure does not contain cocoa solids. In the strictest sense it’s not chocolate. During processing, the dark-colored solids of the cocoa bean are separated from the fatty content. Unlike the milk or dark versions the solids are not reincorporated. As a result, the ‘blanc’ version does not contain as much caffeine or antioxidants as its darker counterparts. Or, maybe the powers that be just wanted another reason to celebrate something so pure and delicious. I honestly do not have a more definitive answer…
Interested in making your own indulgence?
Admittedly, sometimes it gets a bad wrap as being overly sweet, chalky, waxy and/or described as tasting like cheap milk powder. How about making your own? Then, you can add sugar at your own discretion. If you plan to use it with other dairy, try adding a contrasting flavor (e.g. berry, citrus or passionfruit), as this type tends to be high in sugar and fat. You can read more about it from one of our earlier posts How Excited Are You to Celebrate White Chocolate Day?
On that note, let’s be loyal to “snowy” & “blanc’ sweetness today on its special day and enjoy some treats. Indulge yourself with the following white chocolate based treasures:
Enjoy your favorite. Use #WhiteChocolateDay to post on social media and tweet us @Kitchology and @ Kitchenchick123.
- How To Make Your Coffee Extra Special - April 14, 2017
- How to Conquer Your Passover Fearless Cooking - April 6, 2017
- How to Cheer on St. Patrick’s Day with A Celebration of Food - March 15, 2017
- How To Make More Valentine’s Day Love - February 13, 2017
- 46 Sweet Ways To Love The Most Dark Chocolate World - February 1, 2017
- Can Favorite Comfort Foods Make The World Feel More Special? - January 29, 2017
- 15 Innovative Ways To Smash Big Lumps in Poor Cottage Cheese - January 27, 2017
- What is Your Secret to the Perfect Brownie? - January 23, 2017
- How to Conquer the Nutrition Label and Your Diet - January 22, 2017
- How to Embrace the Value and Benefit of Horseradish - January 20, 2017