How to Scintillate Your Special Salmon the Spicy Way
I am already feeling chills from winter, If you live in the Northeast, I think you can probably relate. It’s so easy for our bodies to be thrown out of balance in this dry, cold environment, so warming up with hearty foods is a definite priority.
Filling your body with good quality nutritious foods helps you to strengthen your immune system and beat the cold weather blues. To accomplish this task I like to add more flavor, richness and spice to my dishes at this time of the year.
Here is my delicious recipe for herbed salmon with spicy rice to fight the winter chills:
(For the Salmon)
1 large or 2 smaller Wild Salmon fillets
1tbsp Fresh Thyme
1tbsp Fresh Rosemary
1/4 Fresh Lemon
1tbsp Himalayan Salt
1tbsp Coconut Oil
(For the rice)
2 cups of white Jasmine Rice
1tbsp Coconut Oil
1 box of Organic Pre-Sliced Mushrooms or about 1 1/2 cups
1 Onion finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 1/2tbsp Himalayan Salt
1tbsp Black Pepper
1/2 tbsp Chilli Flakes (or to taste/depending on how spicy you want your food to be)
1/2 tbsp Ginger powder
1. Add two cups of rice to a pot and boil with 4 cups of water. Once the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let it cook for about 20min or until the rice is soft.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 380 F. Take out the salmon fillets, wash them thoroughly and place in a baking pan. Sprinkle thyme, rosemary and salt over the salmon, then add the coconut oil and small pieces of fresh lemon. Let it bake for about 20min or until the salmon starts getting bright orange, forming a thin layer of crust, or just check with a fork that it looks fully cooked inside.
3. In a pan, over the stove, heat 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil. Once it is melted, add the mushrooms, onion, garlic and spices. Stir and cook for about 5min or until the mushrooms feel soft and brownish, while continuously mixing.
4. Once the mushrooms are finished and the rice is fully cooked, add them to the rice pot and mix all together.
5. In the meantime your salmon fillets should be fully cooked.
5. On a plate, serve a piece of herbed salmon, a cup of the spiced rice and you may add some sauerkraut, chopped veggies, salad, pumpkin or any other vegetables you love to create a fully colorful and vibrant meal.
Stay looking fresh even during the shifting weather patterns.
- How To Get The Greatest Oatmeal Health Benefits - April 19, 2017
- Enjoy A Simplistic Easily Affordable Healthy Salad - March 27, 2017
- 6 Easy Practical Tips To Enjoy More Special Desserts - March 20, 2017
- The 7 Best Fundamentals To Enjoy Successful Lean Eating - March 13, 2017
- Enjoy This Guaranteed Bargain Healthy Burger - March 10, 2017
- Enjoy This Easy Simple Sweet Potato Fries Surprise - March 6, 2017
- How Huge Is Unsurpassed Obsession With Rich Icelandic Yogurt? - February 24, 2017
- How To Cool Off Best With Hot Rewarding Beef Stew - August 29, 2016
- How Simple Coleslaw Makes It Better - August 9, 2016
- How To Uncommonly Get Healthy Allergy Free Zucchini Noodles - July 18, 2016