Can You Out Super Your Super Food Technology?
Using food technology, we are maximizing our super potential. Not to get ahead of ourselves, there is no substance on earth that has magic muscle or male appendage growing abilities. Still, some foods have so much nutritional value some choose to name them in an independent category, apart from the 5 foods groups and wherever junk food falls. How are superfoods faring these days? Quinoa is spilling secrets about its genealogy. Investors are looking to cash in on the action. One startup can’t even keep up with the demand for its products. It all bears a closer look. Don’t forget to check out Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for more superfood recipes and ideas.
Back in ’06, the world community declared an ancient grain hidden in the Andes Mountains a superfood. While long considered a poor man’s crop, times changed for quinoa as US sales shot up. Studying the high protein crop up close scientists can map the genome. Hopefully, they’re are edging closer to cracking the code to improved production of this difficult to grow crop. It looks like genetic tinkering helps bear the financial burden too. At this rate, it will be a competitive cost effective friendly rival to wheat in no time.
While the FDA hasn’t officially defined a superfood, companies have already begun sprinkling some of these products across the market. In fact, Rhythm Superfoods, an Austin based company, recently completed another round of financing. Using food technology, the company is able to further its cause and create customer approved GMO free nutrient dense plant based snacks. Moreover, 301 Inc, a General Mills venture unit, has invested significant funds in Rhythm Superfoods showing the how the big food company believes in super potential.
Superfoods sometimes surface in beverage form, or in this case, organic flavored smoothies. Genius, with its plant based protein meal replacement smoothies, has been so effective the company announced they had to discontinue a product due to over-demand. Apparently, amongst other challenges, the company lacks it’s own bottling facility forcing them to share space with other production lines. Food technology makes it possible for them to make a meal replacement drink at a competitive cost nonetheless.
It looks like superfoods don’t need an explicit definition to have a significant impact. Their super potential alone is enough for scientists to study them closely. Moreover, companies are working hard to make consumer approved products work too. But, even as superfoods continue to grow and proliferate, they, too, battle their own kind of health struggles. Who will prevail?Share your thoughts on how #foodtechnology is shaping superfoods @Kitchology @Kitchenchick123.
- It Is Time For An Excellent Food Technology Adventure! - April 22, 2017
- What Will A Scary Look Do For Phosphate Additives? - April 19, 2017
- How Is Delivery Making It Easy To Love Food Technology? - April 15, 2017
- What Is The Willpower Zinger Between Eating More And Sleep? - April 12, 2017
- How To Fill Your Easter Surging With Goodness - April 11, 2017
- Will Scary Food Technology Prove To Be The Most Useful? - April 8, 2017
- A Strange New Complete Food Technology World Revealed - April 1, 2017
- How To Challenge True Meat Food Technology - March 25, 2017
- Soaring To Wonderful New Heights Food Technology - March 18, 2017
- Where’s The Wonderful Challenge Of The Food Technology? - March 11, 2017