Remarkable Allergy Friendly Makes Big World Victory
Today’s allergy friendly around the world adventure has us saying au revoir France (remember Clafoutis) and Привет (hello) Russia. What comes to mind when you think of the Soviet Republic? Russian tea cakes perhaps…? You know those little white powdered balls that make their appearance in December? Speaking of appearances, don’t forget Kitchology’s Eat.Better app has a slew of international recipes to fit your needs.
Often, baking with allergies can be a daunting task. It requires tons of ingredients, a long drawn out prep time and only a 50/50 chance it will actually taste good. Fortunately, today’s offering is none of those; it’s quick, easy and delicious.
Make Some Tweaks
If you’re not familiar with Russian tea cakes, maybe you recognize them as Mexican wedding cakes, Italian wedding cookies, butterballs, or snowballs. However you roll them, traditionally they are made with butter, flour, powdered sugar and nuts. They sound like an allergy fueled nightmare, nyet? But, with a few tweaks they’ll be your new favorite.
Let’s Break It Down
Breaking it down, swap out the butter with your safe dairy free margarine. I like Earth Balance made with olive oil. Next, choose your favorite gluten free flour. One I’ve been using a lot lately to test out it’s full potential is Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour. Concerning the nuts, either omit them or swap them out for gluten free Rice Krispies.
Allergy Friendly Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 cup dairy free margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten free flour
I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400ºF
- Place Rice Krispies in a baggie and lightly smash.
- Mix margarine, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, Rice Krispies and salt until dough holds together.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and placed on parchment paper or ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Do not let them become brown. Remove from cookie sheet and allow them to cool slightly.
- Gently roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar. Then allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.
Did they turn out well? Share your #allergy friendly tea cake experience with the rest of us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123. Next up, we’re going Down Under for another delightful dessert.
- How To Free Your Energy With High Power Muffins - April 20, 2017
- Revisiting The Best Simple Sizable Benefits Of Pickled Food - April 13, 2017
- Enjoy Rich Big Flavor Of Allergy Friendly World Luxury - April 7, 2017
- A Huge Gift Of The Best Free Coconut Flour Muffins - April 3, 2017
- How To Globally Unlock An Allergy Friendly Sweet Tooth - March 28, 2017
- More Useful Terrific Around The World With Allergy Friendly - March 21, 2017
- The Best Sweet Yummy Coconut Flour Satisfaction Revisited - March 16, 2017
- How To Deliver Allergy Friendly Secrets To Russia With Love - March 14, 2017
- How To Love More Of The Allergy Friendly World - March 7, 2017
- Can Genuine Grapefruit Bread Deliver Its Best Secrets? - February 28, 2017