Will A Good Shock To Food Technology Improve Freshness?
Sifting through all the possible applications of food technology can reach overwhelming proportions. Sometimes weighty transformations even shock the senses. Are iconic images of the past along with shop worn practices about to bite the dust? Check out this week’s searing cutting edge sweet developments. Before you do, check out Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for some memorable recipe ideas and more too.
A Sweet Machine
Assembly lines are about to jump forward a few rungs thanks to food technology advances. Candy giant Hershey’s has been experimenting with AI to perfect Twizzlers ™. Apparently, weight is a big issue when it comes to this favorite product. The machine with its faster than human correction capabilities is expected to pave the way toward making standardized package contents a whole lot more achievable and a sweet way for the company to improve profits.
Can you literally shock food into freshness? Experts at Lund University in Switzerland are having success running current through herbs during the drying process to maintain freshness and improve their flavor. Voltage shy that used in an electric fence seems to work with basil. These sense jolting experiments are giving off new found fresh aromas and extended essential oils to dried out herbs. Proven success is pointed in the direction of a possible future patent filing.
Food technology certainly does seem to be rolling down the line. Revolutionary machines and innovative electrifying practices continue to advance at sped up paces. The brilliance and imagination of certain dedicated individuals deserve thanks. They’re the ones who dare to dream and whisk us across a more advanced technological food scape of even better and bigger chickens or is it eggs? I always seem to forget which comes first.
Share your weighty thoughts on #food technology with us here @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.
- Is Special Tested Personalized Food Technology The Best? - June 23, 2017
- How To Celebrate Food Technology Worth Its Salt - June 14, 2017
- Can Expert Food Technology Better Weigh Sweet Success? - June 8, 2017
- How To Live In A Waste Free Food Technology Future - May 28, 2017
- Should We Value Food Technology Safety More? - May 20, 2017
- What Is The Best Daring Unusual Food Pairing? - May 11, 2017
- How Will Big Wonderful Food Technology Trim Your Bottom Line? - May 6, 2017
- Can Timely Food Technology Warm Up With Cold Rewards? - May 2, 2017
- It Is Time For An Excellent Food Technology Adventure! - April 22, 2017
- What Will A Scary Look Do For Phosphate Additives? - April 19, 2017