Everyone has his or her “go to” comfort food. Ice creams, pizza, chips…you crave it, it’s out there. As you may have read in my previous post, I am still figuring out what foods work with my body and my allergies. However, with the “no grains” and “no dairy” restrictions, what the heck kind of comfort foods can I have?!
Thankfully, more and more food companies are catering towards individuals with (multiple) food allergies and are developing “stomach friendly” products! I wanted to share with you three WONDERFUL “go to” foods that I have been able to keep in my diet for those inevitable moments of weakness.
Almond Dream: Non-dairy Frozen Dessert. This is great because it is both gluten free and lactose free and STILL tastes like ice cream. Another favorite is: So Delicious Dairy Free Ice Cream– made with coconut milk.
Daiya: cheese lovers pizza. Gluten free, lactose free, and soy free. There are actually several brands I have seen in the food store that have gluten free pizza crusts, however I prefer this particular brand because the crust is rice-based. This cheese is also a delicious vegan cheese! Other brands include: Udi’s gluten free pizza, and BOLD Organics-gluten, milk and lactose free.
Needless to say, I was extremely happy when I found these wonderfully delicious foods! It can be hard to get adjusted to finding the right foods and yes- there are foods you will miss eating. However, look around! Don’t lose hope! There are ways to make sure your stomach and taste buds are happy 🙂
- Allergy FREE Style: 3 Comfort Foods Revolutionized - September 9, 2013
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - September 5, 2013
- New Potato Breakfast - August 27, 2013
- Never Worry about Breakfast Again: Quick and Easy Fruit Smoothie! - August 26, 2013
- [Food Fridays] Quinoa Veggie Tacos - August 23, 2013
- Food Allergies? Yup-Me Too! - August 20, 2013
- Back to School! - August 15, 2013