Casseroles have become an American classic because they are hearty and so easy to make. With all the holiday craziness going on it’s always smart to have a few go-to recipes in your back pocket. I’ve been trying to cut down on the amount of dairy in my diet lately and have found it difficult to find recipes that aren’t covered in cheese. So, I’ve scoured the internet to find the best dairy and gluten free casserole recipes so that you can spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen this holiday season.
10. Paleo Chicken Pot Pie by Everyday Maven
Chicken Pot Pie is comfort food at its best and is always a crowd pleaser!
9. Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal Casserole by All in Good Taste
I know whenever my family gets together we always forget about breakfast! Breakfast casseroles are a fantastic way to give your family a special homemade meal. This recipe calls for milk but you could easily substitute almond milk for it instead.
8. Peach Pie Breakfast Bake by Primally Inspired
Pie for breakfast? Yes, please!
7. Cauliflower, Tomato and Chicken Sausage Quinoa Gratin by ifoodreal
I’m a big fan of any recipe that includes the super grain quinoa and this one is packed with all kinds of goodness!
6. Chicken and “Rice” Casserole by Deliciously Organic
Chicken and rice is another classic that you can’t go wrong with, now the grain-free among us can enjoy it too!
5. Oven Omelet with Sweet Potato Crust by The Spunky Coconut
Just look at all the beautiful colors in this recipe! With a palette like that it has to be delicious.
4. Tex Mex Casserole by Popular Paleo
I love that they used shredded sweet potato for the base of this recipe. That little bit of sweetness with the Tex Mex spices will be delectable!
3. Zucchini Gratin by Gluten Free Goddess
I’m always on the lookout for hearty vegetarian dishes and this one definitely fits the bill!
2. Thai Quinoa Casserole by Our Cone Zone
I think it’s important not to skimp on seasoning when making vegetarian dishes. The use of rich Thai flavors in this recipe is very clever.
1. Zucchini Lasagna by Primal Palate
I chose this recipe as number one because it is BRILLIANT! It uses thinly sliced zucchini instead of lasagna noodles and you don’t miss the pasta at all. Admittedly I did add cheese when I made this (I have a minor cheese addiction), but it would be great without cheese as well.
- Matcha Will Make You Fall in Love With Your Food! - January 29, 2016
- Enjoy This Rich Creamy Yogurt Ingredient Guilt Free! - January 14, 2016
- How to Get More Out of your Morning — Super Cereal Vigilant Eats - September 15, 2015
- The Cooking Verdict is Out– 5 Best Toasts are In! - August 28, 2015
- Enjoy One of America’s Favorite Foods Without the Guilt! - August 25, 2015
- How to Make a Vegan Meal with Cuban Flavor - August 18, 2015
- How to Stop Your Dairy Affair –Go Veggie! - August 13, 2015
- Taste Test Tuesday: Go Raw® Spirulina Energy Bar - June 16, 2015
- The Ultimate Vegan Sandwich for Summer! - June 9, 2015
- Taste Test Tuesday: Napa Cabbage - June 2, 2015