So, I’ve decided that Monday posts are going to be dedicated to pure, unadulterated deliciousness.
After all, Mondays are universally recognized as the worst day of the week. You’re dragging yourself to work, wondering why there’s three days between Monday and Friday but only two days between Friday and Monday, and cursing morning traffic and alarm clocks.
I myself I end up commiserating with Garfield more often than not about Mondays, and I decided that if I’m going to be blogging on Mondays, I may as well blog about something that’ll make us feel good.
So, when I found out that today was National White Chocolate Day, I just couldn’t resist. Creamy, sweet and flavonoid-rich, it definitely qualifies as pure, unadulterated deliciousness.
And, no, you didn’t read that wrong—today really is National White Chocolate Day! You’re fully justified in break out your stash of white chocolate truffles, chips, and candy bars under the guise of holiday spirit. But just to make it a little bit more authentic, here are some historical facts for you:
- White chocolate was invented by Nestle in Switzerland.
- The first white chocolate bar was released in 1930.
- The FDA didn’t recognize it as ‘chocolate’ until 2004.
- Fun fact: White Chocolate can improve blood platelet function!
See? It’s totally legit. I, for one, am going to pull out the humongous white chocolate bars I’ve been storing in my fridge and whip up some white chocolate goodness. Unfortunately, I have waaaaay too many ideas, and I can’t decide on what I want to make. There’s just too many amazing recipes out there!
Wanna help me out? Here are five recipes I’m considering:
White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
I stumbled upon this recipe at Dorothy’s Crazy for Crust Blog, and am convinced she must be an angel. I mean really, white chocolate and cheesecake… as a dip? That’s a match made in Heaven (or hell, depending how you look at it). It’s a blend of cream cheese, white chocolate, cheesecake pudding mix, lemon and vanilla, amongst other things. How could you possibly say no?
(We’re going to be leaving my waistline out of all of these, in case you were wondering).
Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter
Silk in peanut butter form? I’m convinced that Jessica from How Sweet It Is is definitely trying to kill me. But if I’m going to go, I may as well die with the taste of creamy white chocolate and peanut butter in my mouth. This recipe is very simple, completely homemade, and looks absolutely addictive.
White Chocolate Key Lime Pie
Cheri from Kitchen Simplicity describes this slice of deliciousness as “a big citrus truffle,” and I gotta say, it looks pretty amazing. White chocolate tends to be very sweet, but she says that the lime balances out the sweetness, and in turn the chocolate makes sure the lime isn’t too tart. So if you’re a fan of citrus like I am, and don’t like ridiculously sweet desserts, this recipe could definitely be a big hit.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie, hands-down. I keep telling Ben and Jerry’s that they need to make Snickerdoodle Flavored Ice Cream, but so far they haven’t heard my pleas. So when I saw this recipe, I nearly decided right then and there. It also happens to be the fall season, when pumpkin spice is all the rage. I think Kristin from Lil Luna has definitely outdone herself with this one!
White Chocolate Strawberry and Cranberry Rocky Road Bars
The mixed fruit in these kind of allows you to kid yourself that these things are healthy. Patricia from Technicolor kitchen tosses dried cranberries, strawberries and apples in along with white chocolate and marshmallows for a rocky road combination that looks stunning and probably tastes that way too! It definitely looks like something I’d whip up during Valentine’s day. You can check out the recipe here.
So, which one do you think I should make? Do you have a white chocolate recipe of your own you’d like to share? Please, let me know in the comments below! I’m dying with indecision over here. 😉
*Photo credit: All images in this post were taken from their respective recipe sources.
- Should You Finally Give Up Gluten? - May 28, 2014
- Food Allergy Awareness Week: What Does It Mean to You? - May 11, 2014
- Product Review: Oorja Bar – A Gluten-Free Nutrition Bar - April 19, 2014
- 4 Must-Try Gluten-Free Girl Scout Cookie Alternatives - February 18, 2014
- 6 Reasons to Use Peppermint More Often In Your Cooking - February 11, 2014
- 5 Gluten-Free Chinese Food Recipes For National Chopsticks Day - February 6, 2014
- Cold? Here’s Some Healthy Soup Recipes to Keep You Warm During the Winter Season. - February 4, 2014
- 7 Low-Fat Carrot Cake Recipes to Help You Celebrate National Carrot Cake Day! - February 3, 2014
- Let’s Celebrate National Croissant Day… Gluten-Free! - January 30, 2014
- 6 Gluten-Free Super Bowl Snacks for Your Big Bash This Sunday - January 28, 2014