There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly-baked bread, is there?
That buttery, yeasty aroma used to be the first thing I’d wake up to every morning, and it always reminds me of home. I love baking bread, and there are so many different breads and rolls recipes that the options seem endless.
That love isn’t something that changes when you go gluten-free… but luckily, baking bread isn’t something you have to give up! There are plenty of gluten-free bread recipes out there, and I’ve collected a few of them for you to enjoy. Hopefully you’ll find one that you like, and will be kneading dough again in no time!
“This bread has great texture and is perfect for sandwiches or toast. The maple syrup does double duty, adding flavor and activating the yeast. Rolls have a thick, crispy crust with an airy, slightly chewy interior.” –LivingWithout.com
“This gluten-free French bread truly hits the spot. It satisfies any bread cravings you may have, and you can make it in under an hour.” –Linda Etherton, GlutenFreeHomeMaker.com
Soft Sandwich Bread
“One thing I really like about this bread is that it is really good eaten just plain. When I say plain–I mean it. I mean without toasting and without any spread. Of course, I will never hesitate to put butter on something that even vaguely requires it, so I butter this, too. But the thrilling thing is that you don’t NEED anything on this bread to make it yummy. It just is.” Jeanne from ArtofGlutenFreeBaking.com
“This bread is just a bit lighter and fluffier than my other breads. It has a nice nutty flavor from the flax meal which makes it almost have a kind of “whole wheat” thing going on, and it has a lovely little bit of sweet flavor from the honey.” –Elana from ElanasPantry.com
“It is moist, tender, slightly sweet, slightly eggy … just as good challah bread should be. It’s great on its own, or used for sandwiches, or for French toast, or whatever.” Pete from No Gluten, No Problem.
Do you have any gluten-free bread recipes to share? We’d love to hear your recommendations!
- Should You Finally Give Up Gluten? - May 28, 2014
- Food Allergy Awareness Week: What Does It Mean to You? - May 11, 2014
- Product Review: Oorja Bar – A Gluten-Free Nutrition Bar - April 19, 2014
- 4 Must-Try Gluten-Free Girl Scout Cookie Alternatives - February 18, 2014
- 6 Reasons to Use Peppermint More Often In Your Cooking - February 11, 2014
- 5 Gluten-Free Chinese Food Recipes For National Chopsticks Day - February 6, 2014
- Cold? Here’s Some Healthy Soup Recipes to Keep You Warm During the Winter Season. - February 4, 2014
- 7 Low-Fat Carrot Cake Recipes to Help You Celebrate National Carrot Cake Day! - February 3, 2014
- Let’s Celebrate National Croissant Day… Gluten-Free! - January 30, 2014
- 6 Gluten-Free Super Bowl Snacks for Your Big Bash This Sunday - January 28, 2014