These days, you can find a documentary about practically any topic under the sun, and all of them are easily accessible. But in my opinion, the best ones are about … you guessed it … FOOD! Since eating is such a huge part of my life, it’s always of interest to me to hear different perspectives about all facets of the food industry, eating and so forth. Here are just a few of the ones I’ve really enjoyed and would recommend.
Sriracha (Amazon Prime)
This is a newer documentary, and only about 45 minutes long, but it uncovers the mystery behind that ubiquitous “rooster sauce” that so many has so many people enamored. It outlines history, behind the scenes operations and the man who started it all.
Fed Up (Netflix)
Another new kid on the block, this documentary addresses important themes about childhood obesity in America. Narrated by Katie Couric, it focuses mainly on the evils of sugar and illuminates the secret corners it can be found lurking throughout the grocery store. Informative without being too pedantic, it’s definitely a must watch if you have children or … care about your health.
And if you like the themes described above, you should also try: Hungry for Change (Netflix)
Similar, but not identical: I believe it’s best to have our eyes open about food regulations, how food is processed and exactly what effects it is having on our bodies.
Forks Over Knives (Netflix)
After I watched this documentary, I gave up meat for three months. There are some shocking facts unveiled about the way animals used for food are handled and what the potential risks to our health are for consuming them.
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (Netflix)
This one will make you want to rush out and buy a juicer. Although I think consuming NOTHING but juice is a bit extreme, the documentary makes an excellent point about a person’s quality of life as it relates to the fuel that goes in his or her body. It’s always interesting to follow the journey of one person through a discovery like this one.
- Daring Food Technology That is Pioneering Improved GMOs - February 6, 2016
- Overcome Disturbing Food Poisoning with Promising Food Technology - January 30, 2016
- Secrets of the Digital Trends in Food Technology News! - January 23, 2016
- Food Tech? How About Wine Technology News? - January 16, 2016
- Astounding Food Technology Live from CES 2016 You Need - January 9, 2016
- Tantalizing 2015 Worth It Food Technology Revisited - January 2, 2016
- These ARE the Food Technology Headlines You’re Looking For - December 26, 2015
- Food Technology has Reached a New Paradox in Waste - December 12, 2015
- Food Technology Special Offer Featuring The Force Awakens - December 5, 2015
- Brazen Food Technology News that will Surge Feeding Forward - November 28, 2015